Sunday, February 20, 2011

PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION TO END THE WAR/OCCUPATION OF AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ

Like me, are you asking yourselves why we can't stop the war in Afghanistan and the occupation of Iraq by doing as they did in Egypt and as they are doing in Wisconsin? If they can do it, we can do it. We see clearly that people power WORKS. If we can mobilize large enough numbers of people, we can end these brutal, immoral and unnecessary wars. I'm POSITIVE there are millions of people in the U.S. who want to do just that!

Consequently, I just created a petition entitled "Grandmothers for Peace Urge Pres. Obama to Immediately End All Hostilities in Iraq and Afghanistan." I'm trying to collect 100,000 signatures, and I could really use your help. Although the petition specifies "grandmothers," I want everybody to sign. The term "grandmothers" seems to grab sympathetic attention, so that's why I tagged it that way.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, click here:
http://www.change.org/petitions/grandmothers-for-peace-urge-pres-obama-to-immediately-end-all-hostilities-in-iraq-and-afghanistan?share_id=XzNHIHxIui&pe=pce

It'll just take a minute! And, it would be wonderful if you could post it on your web site, if you have one, or post it in Facebook.

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!

No comments: